Tuesday 12 April 2016

Tale Of A Tired Shore







I, like a shore, has been standing alone
For ages now.. 
Sand and sand 
In my heart and my soul ..
Ocean in front of me 
A vast sky above 
Yet, I, like a shore
Only stood alone and watched..
Waves came in, again and again
Lashed me each time, gave me pain
Washed me of myself ..
So that I do not remain..
I have borne all in reticence
Formed, then ruptured
Then formed again..
I, like a shore 
Only adopted silence..
Today, I want to break all the rules
And arrest the moving waves
I want to throw all the shells
Back into the sea..
And yell.. 'take back all that you had given'..
I want to pull down the heaven
And trample it under my feet..
And say, come see all
On a paradise do I stroll..
Today I want be the wave
Am tired of being the shore !

~Manjuri~

No comments:

Post a Comment