Wednesday 20 April 2016

A Melancholic Retreat



I have plunged into the ocean
In an attempt to cross it
Wet, drenched, I swim
Not sure of the existence
Of any shore..
I drink aqua saline
Nausea grips my soul
Yet in a desire to reach
The alluring end
I plummet into the rough sea..
Somehow struggling the waves
And braving all the tides
I reach the verge
And surprise emerge
As I find no one waiting !

I broke the ocean
Into two halves
I made terrain in the deepest woods
The mountains snow clad
I slipped and gripped
Bruised my hands
And non stop bleed
Yet at the end
My blind-fold gone
I see, in the sparkling sun
I did reach the coast
But what I thought was my love
Emerged as ether in the breeze
Or a mirage in the desert..

I try to return
From my journey, almost done
Neither forward nor back
Can I tread
Now how to return..?
Half-kept, half-left, half hearted attempt
Chaos, furore and mayhem
Noise in the crux, noise in the shell
And each clamour tell
Go back, for here exists no space..

Why did I go?
To meet nothing, that wants or seeks me..
Chimera mocks, I smile
I though sit for a while
Not all voyage reaches shore
Nor all cruise sinks either
But mine neither accomplished
Nor undertaken
A rendezvous swindled 
A heart defrauded
A soul duped
A return, sorrowful..

~Manjuri~



No comments:

Post a Comment