Monday 16 March 2015

Reminder

Have you seen the colours of autumn leaf...
Or the shades of spring flower ?
Did you stand for a while, all by yourself..
Gazing at your small bower ?

Did you smile at the floating clouds..
Or sit and hear the birds sing ?
Did you drown yourself within you..
Never to surface again ?

Did you search for me, now and then..
Here, there and everywhere ?
Have you gazed with tired eyes..
Beyond the horizon, towards nowhere ?

When have you followed your heart..
And where have you last lost yourself ?
When was it that you picked a book..
From your dusted and cluttered shelf ?

When was it that you smiled..
Without any reason known..
When was it that you had lived..
Breathing in the wind that had blown ?

When did you last blow a whistle..
Or fly a kite in the sky, blue..?
When last did you look at me..
Whispering a 'I love you'.. ?

That you have long forgotten..
The beauty of life and living..
In the soul of time, and shore of sea..
Do I write.. unlike you, may I end, loving.. !

Yes... may I live and die, loving !

~Manjuri~




No comments:

Post a Comment