Monday 22 February 2016

Unfolding In Life And Death


You the smile on my parched lips
You the twinkle in my blank eye
You my joy unbound, abundant 
And, you the woe, behind my sigh !

You the starry sky at which I gaze
You the moon at my dark night
You a cup of coffee at my mornings all
You a cover of my soul bright !

You my solace of mid-day leisure
You my evening's pole star
You my glass of burgundy wine
You the wound, behind all my scar !

You my thirst on a sunny hot day
You my first July shower
You my autumn's bare branch
You a bloom of my fragrant bower !

You my love, first and last
You my craving and my want
You the wind below my wings
You my tears, in all my dent !

You my throbbing pulse
You my gust of fresh breath
You are my beautiful life
And you my ultimate truth, my death !

~Manjuri~


No comments:

Post a Comment