Wednesday 6 January 2016

Trance

Neither awake... nor in trance..
My wine left me half drunk..
Oh that beauty of sinking self
Neither to be found... nor to be held..
Desire dissolves, wishes drown...
As night wears its black gown..
None to hold my trembling fingers..
None to arrange my dreams that lingers..
I am not alive... nor am I dead..
And cannot see... the road ahead...
World says... I am intoxicated..
I discover myself in this madness..
I know by morning all shall be fine..
All shall leave me, even my wine..
That which shall remain within this heart..
Is a wish... from you I never should part..
May this earth now sleep for a while..
While my dreams get to breathe and smile..
Living or dead I am now, does not matter..
From my own ashes I rise.. rise from tatter...
That which I give... and all which I take..
Ends... and My truth emerge among all fake..
That I loved, with all that I had
Remains... in me.. and makes me glad..
Oh wine... my wine you do not discard me..
Without my love how can I live, 
How can I live sans thee ?

~Manjuri~

No comments:

Post a Comment