Monday 11 January 2016

An Echo


Echo of my soul... ?
I do not know... I cannot tell...
Or draw a picture of my heart...
But more I try to know myself..
More from me, I go apart...
Strange are the ways of life..
Stranger are the soul's story..
More I run away from everything..
More am gripped by my own memory..
Oh Love.. do not inflict me 
With so much of pain...
I shall go off for sure...
Never to return again..!
Then when an empty horizon
Shall beckon you..
Know that my pain has written..
A tale so very new..
All that I translate today...
And my silence breaks in words..
Let my love.. remain forever
And its me who gets to fade..
Allow me to disappear..!
Like an abandoned leaf..
Let the wind blow me away...
While, my love remains..
Deep within you, in utter dismay..
Then when the day's dust
Chooses to settle down...
And I too set free of myself...
Discarding all that is my own...
Let my pyre rise high... 
And I rise from ashes..
In the epitaph of my own soul..
Be an old story rewritten..
I forsake, all that I held...
I set my essence free..
Let only my love remain...
My eternal love for thee... 

~Manjuri~


No comments:

Post a Comment