Thursday 19 February 2015

Rendezvous







It was a beautiful winter morning. Soft sun penetrated into the heart of this unknown woods. Yes unknown it was to me. I slowly climbed up the steep. Dry leaves made music under my feet. My soul danced to the tunes. I was happy. Reason I did not know, nor did I search for. After a fortnight of ill-health, and total house arrest, this escape became all the more precious. I inhaled long breaths. I sat on a stone, adjusted my camera settings and clicked some photos. 
Photography is my acquired hobby. I developed interest seeing some people I admired, once. Now my hobby is independent. It is almost self-propelled. I missed my sketch-pad and charcoal, then I could have sat longer.
Long eucalyptus trees stretched out their branches. Entire jungle was smelling sweet. I inhaled life again. Just above my head a small bird sat, but before I could change my lens it decided to fly off. A few butterflies fluttered their wings. Some wild blooms smiled. I found peace.
I kept on sitting. A squirrel jumped down from the tree, and fell near my feet. It shrugged it's head, as if saying 'sorry, if I have disturbed you' and ran off. I smiled.
I leaned my back onto a tree and closed my eyes. Winter sun, made my skin warm. Heart was melting. Suddenly my eyes turned smoky. I grabbed a tissue from my bag, and wiped my eyes. No, I said to myself, I shall not allow myself to feel sad anymore. Let this peace bring the joy within me, I thought. I gathered myself, and leaving my long shadow behind, I walked towards the east. Let the new sun, rise for me, a sun, which casts all shadow backwards. I found solace. I found joy. I lost nothing, I got everything. That winter morning, full of sunshine, shall remain my guide forever.

~Manjuri~

No comments:

Post a Comment