Wednesday 25 February 2015

One Evening


It was a peaceful evening. I as per my habit, I was standing alone, up on the terrace, with a mug of coffee in my hand. It was partly cloudy. Few birds decided to fly back home. Suddenly, almost out of nowhere the sun appeared. Deep auburn was its fury shade. I kept on gazing. Terrace room, is a place where I spend my quality time, doing nothing. It houses my camera. I went in, grabbed my lens and clicked. Exposure was not perfect. Never mind, I thought. I am still a learner. Learning all by myself. 

I clicked. Sat on my arm-chair and shut my eyes. Mellowed rays penetrated my closed eye-lids. It gave me joy. It often happens with me, when I am at complete solitude, I remember and relive the moments I want to, again. I went back in time. I went back to an evening, where there was no such sunset. It was a drizzly evening, and I was happy. 
Thoughts haunted me. Reminiscences of that evening gripped my soul. My heart throbbed ! I was still alive, today, to myself. Ahh... I sighed... ran down the steps to reach my room. Sun, I wished, should not set today ! I smiled at my own folly ! Sun had set. I went up again. In the fading hues of twilight, I gathered all my colours of memories and returned to myself, happy again !

~Manjuri~

No comments:

Post a Comment