Sunday 1 December 2013

Sleepless Verse !

Last night it was well past four,
When all surrendered to sleep;
Wrapped themselves in peace,
Behind their four walls, shut doors.

I took a virtual flight, to see you,
Across the blue hills, azure sea;
I travelled, I carried myself, for me;
And did get a glimpse of divine you.

The stars were drunk and drowsy,
The moon wore cloud's warm blanket;
Sea slept wearing the wavy locket,
Roads were lonely, dark and grumpy.

I saw you in faded caliginous light,
Some shadow fell on your face;
Am hurrying, crossing a maze,
A madness at the dead end of night.

Beautiful night, rests in your slumber,
Innocent night, in my insomniac eyes;
Sees virtues all... denounces all vice,
Tried to pretend, to get lost in you forever.

Morning tiptoed in, treading upon my dreams,
Better senses dawned, with the rising sun;
I smiled on my folly own, now noon too is done,
In twelve hours, I passed a day it seems...!


~Manjuri~

No comments:

Post a Comment