Wednesday 18 December 2013

Half-Truths !

Night deepens.. world fast asleep..
I lay awake.. thoughts grip..
My eyes, bereft of slumber..
Sees you.. as I spread them far..
I cannot move.. I become captive..
As if.. you are holding me.. tight..
From my body to my soul..
Your touch spreads.. I breathe..
You lend me your hand..
To drag me out..
Out of this locked abandoned house..
In the touch of your hand..
My skin quivers.. I live again..
To die a quite death, in a while.. !
Night light gives birth to some long shadows..
I know not whose reflections they are..
Not of me, nor are they of you..
Those shadows are strange !
Robe of the soul has worn off..
Bare .. naked.. I am what I am.. to myself..
At the dead of night..
Yes, You came to see me, so did I..
Learn to fade with light..
Go away.. now go away...
Go away.. before smoke burns my eyes..
I shall wait again, this midnight..
I shall begin waiting with the fading light..
A wait.. again.. a wait for you to hold me tight !


~Manjuri~

No comments:

Post a Comment