Tuesday 19 May 2015

Me, The Summer Rain..!




Summer rain, sudden.. uncalled for..
Drenches my soul..
Grasses lay wet..
I walk.. bare feet..
Something unlocks the consciousness..
I travel, against time..
I begin to miss you..
Painfully !
Roses bows to the rain..
My hibiscus drips..
My chrysanthemums bear droplets..
And my skin shrinks in glee..
Wet earth is fragrant...
Far horizon dark and void..
That which have fallen ..
And that which awaits a fall..
All accumulates within my heart..
And I steadily enthrall..
The beauty that lies scattered..
Around me..


I know not why..
I know not how..
I know not when..
Little by little, I too melt..
 Mix with the rain..
And rise in vapour..
I am a piece of cloud now...
Open your southern window..
Gaze at the sky..
Did you not see me, pass by ?
Melted me, frozen again..
Come out.. sit in the grass..
Let me drop on you..
Me, the summer rain..!

~Manjuri~

No comments:

Post a Comment